Landlord Buildings & Contents Insurance


Best landlords buildings and contents has a unique “price beat” offer which means we will on a like for like cover, beat your current quote.


As a landlord, Buildings Insurance and Contents Insurance is vital to protect your buy-to-let property investment against potential damage.


Buildings Insurance

If your property suffers a fire or flood, it can result in major structural damage and expensive repair costs. That’s why it’s important for landlords to protect their investment and their pocket with Landlord Buildings Insurance.

When insuring your property, it’s a good idea to protect against all insurable risks to the full rebuilding cost, including the cost of clearing the site after complete destruction and all professional's fees. It’s important to remember that you should only insure it for the rebuild value and not the market value of the property. This is because the sale price is often higher than the rebuild value, which will make your premium higher than needed.

Every Landlord Building Insurance Policy will vary depending on the type of protection you need. Many mortgage lenders require a minimum of building insurance to your evaluated rebuild value to protect their interest in the property if damage occurs.

To get an accurate Landlord Building Insurance valuation, especially in the case of unusual properties such as listed or conservation area types, it’s a good idea to hire a Chartered Building Surveyor.

Remember that if you do not get permission in writing from your insurer, mortgage lender and landlord (in the case of a leased property) to let your property to tenants, it will invalidate your Building Insurance Policy, preventing you from making a claim against damage.

Common dangers that your Building Insurance will cover against are:

  • Burglary and Theft
  • Bursts and Water leaks
  • Explosion and Malicious Damage.
  • Fire and Smoke
  • Lightening, Storm and Flood
  • Subsidence


Contents Insurance

Contents insurance is designed to cover against damage or loss to your personal possessions in the home. Some Contents Insurance Policies also cover personal possessions while temporarily outside the home (provided they’re not permanently attached to the structure of the property), such as laptops, jewellery and musical instruments.

Limited Landlord Contents Insurance would be a good choice for landlords wanting to protect their semi-furnished property against loss or damage to items supplied to tenants, such as carpets, curtains, furniture, pictures and electrical equipment (e.g. Hoovers, TVs, light fittings, fridges, washers, dryers etc.)..

Full Landlord Contents Insurance Cover provides more comprehensive protection, which is needed where the property is let on a fully furnished basis.


get a quote

Get a Quote

By clicking 'Get a Quote' you agree to be contacted by telephone, text or email by Best Insurance and confirm that you have read and agree to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Get A Quote